Hallo Hallo Entertainment via ABS-CBN’s noontime show, It’s Showtime has announced on Saturday that voting for the First General Election of the newest all-girl idol group in the Philippines, MNL48 has started.
The MNL48 mobile app has been updated showcasing the girls wearing their new uniforms. These photos were decorated by the finalists themselves.
The latest app update also included a list of new rules for the finalists in preparation of their upcoming general elections. The amended rules were as follows:
- All votes have been reset to zero.
- Only one finalist can be voted for each supporter account.
- Voters can select his/her favorite applicant aside from the 48 finalists as long as their profile is included in the app.
- Voter can still change their votes until it closes on April 27.
- The selected challengers will be considered as the “trainees” of the group.
From the 48 finalist, the top 16 will chosen. The top 7 will be picked from the 16 finalists and they will have a chance on big opportunities such as product endorsements, recording contracts and performance with AKB48 and the members from other international sister groups. The top 7 will also be going to Japan for an exclusive training with AKS, the talent agency of AKB48.
Of the 7 girls, one girl will be selected to be the center girl. They described the center girl as the star and face of MNL48 across the 48 Group.
Voting started at 3PM on Saturday, April 14 and closes on April 27 at 1PM, a day before the General Elections.
For more updates, you may visit the MNL48 website and MNL48 Plus mobile app, and get the latest updates on their social media accounts.