Makoto Shinkai’s hit anime film “Weathering With You” is most-popular anime title on Netflix Philippines this year.
The streaming giant released on Wednesday its Netflix Year in Review press release, which highlight stats on the most popular titles this year.
Written and directed by renowned director Makoto Shinkai, Weathering With You tells the story of a high-school boy who runs away from his rural home to Tokyo and befriends an orphan girl who has the ability to manipulate the weather.
The film started streaming on Netflix last July.
According to Netflix, viewing for anime went up two times or more in 2020 compared to last year across all countries in Asia.
Here is the list of top anime titles per country in Asia:
- Japan: Japan Sinks 2020
- Malaysia, Singapore, India: Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back – Evolution
- Thailand: Howl’s Moving Castle
- Philippines: Weathering with You
- Hong Kong, Indonesia: A Whisker Away
- Taiwan: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba